Order Military Service Records 

Our research specialists are on site at the U.S. National Archives which hold the military service records of your veteran(sometimes referred to as the 'Official Military Personnel File' or OMPF). We scan complete, official military service records in high resolution so you can see the records as if you were sitting in the research room at the National Archives viewing the original records yourself.  We can have most military service records ready for you within days. Let us put our expertise to work for you and help you to unravel some of the mysteries surrounding the service of your military veteran.

How much do military service records cost?

Official Marine Corps service records are between $75 and $100 depending on the size of the record. 

Official Navy military service records are between $75 and $100 depending on the size of the record.

Official Coast Guard military service records are between $75 and $100 depending on the size of the record

Army/Air Corps military service records are $35, plus copies. Army and Air Corps military service records were impacted by the 1973 fire at the National Archives. Because of the 1973 fire most Army/Air Corps military service records consist of auxiliary material such as pay vouchers and medical extracts and are only a few pages in length. At times we do find that portions of a service record survived the fire. The only way to find out if your Army veteran's service record has pages that survived the fire is to order his Army service records.

The Process

We locate your veteran's military service records in person at the U.S. National Archives and then scan the entire record, page by page. Most military service records are ready within a few weeks. Once we have your veteran's military service record scanned we send an invoice to your email address. You can pay the invoice securely using a credit/debit card or Paypal if you prefer. Once the invoice is paid the scanned service records are sent right to your email address. Payment is due at the time the invoice arrives in your email inbox. Our service is simple, convenient, and fast. 

What kinds of documents are found in military service records?

Official military service records held at the National Archives usually contain the following information: A period photo (usually in Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard service records), units the veteran was assigned to, ranks held, stations, ships sailed aboard, duties, campaigns, battle participation, medals, citations describing heroic achievement in combat, commendations, medical records, court martial records, disciplinary actions, training, qualifications, payroll records and more. In addition, military service records often contain non-military records such as paperwork on the veteran's spouse and children, correspondence, details on civilian occupations and more. Military service records can be a great tool for carrying out genealogical research as they often reveal fascinating (and sometimes surprising) information about the veteran. 

See examples of our work

View examples of military service records we have scanned for other clients. Fill out an order form below to request a copy of your veteran's military service record.

*Please note that if your Navy veteran has a photo negative in their file it may need to go to the preservation lab to be transferred to a digital image which is $10.  

*Please note that some officers also have a separate enlisted file. This means that there may be two separate service records.

Click on a file to view the military service records(Files May take a few minutes to load)


Order Your Veteran's Military Service Record

If Air Corps/A.A.F was your veteran

Fill out the order form to order the military service record of your veteran

Your information will NEVER be shared with a third party.